Friday 2 February 2007

The very first time...

I can think of few occasions in my…life when body and mind have been so saturated by sensation, tugged in so many directions by conflicting emotions. Excitement reaches a fever pitch of butterflies and knotted muscles in my belly, anticipation has left my mouth dry and nerves are revealed by clammy hands, wobbly steps and erratic breathing.

This is the first thing I read after opening the January 2007 issue of Britain’s Bike magazine. I myself can think of very few occasions when I’ve been so excited and so nervous…

The reason I’m overdosing on adrenaline, fear and tension cracks into life and for a moment the world goes into slow motion – my heartbeat booming like a bass drum inside my head is the only sound as I slowly hook a limb over the exotic seat unit and lean forward toward the bars. This is it… I’m now the first person outside Ducati to ride the new 1098 superbike.

So maybe it's not the same excitement I hinted at, but it's definitely a hot bike! Some might say "the most beautiful bike at the show." Touted as the new benchmark in superbikes, the 1098 combines characteristic Ducati design, performance and performance. Love it.

No comments: